Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Three small garden beds




Here is the latest project. We used patio bricks leftover from another project to make a few garden beds. I wanted something to plant in (on the other side of the yard) that looked nice, since it is close to the front of the house. For only three small beds, this was a great deal of work. Those patio bricks weigh about twenty or more pounds so they are very heavy, and trying to get them level with each other is not exactly easy. Also, I think I may have ruined my knees in the process. Definitely, I need to start wearing knee pads. I planted a red pepper plant yesterday in one of the beds. This morning, I noticed my dog had scratched the plant up entirely. Apparently, he was smelling the bone meal. Then my chickens were digging in these beds as well. Thankfully, our main garden is enclosed by a fence. So now, I have to come up with an idea to keep the animals out. Needless to say, this has not been my most productive project. Oh, I forgot to mention getting attacked by fire ants.

No comments:

Post a Comment