Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bread experiment




I am working on a bread recipe using a combination of half all-purpose flour/half whole wheat flour. So this is my latest attempt, which turned out the best so far. Each time, I have been making adjustments to the recipe. With this attempt, I used 3 tablespoons of vital wheat gluten and a pinch of ginger. Also, I have read soy lecithin can be added to soften up the texture of bread. If I can find it in the store, I may try that next. The flavor is excellent, but it still has a somewhat dense texture. My goal is to come up with a bread recipe to use for sandwiches, something lighter in texture. Perhaps I am just so accustomed to eating store bought bread so this may take some getting used to. And of course, without all the preservatives, the bread gets stale after only a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment